Sunday, December 21, 2008

Overdrive Insights

I was very glad that there was a lesson included in 2.0 on the overdrive system. While at the circ desk or shelving I have had several patrons inquire about this service and I have sent them on to the R.A. desk or Reference because I had never used the system myself. I am not a huge fan of audio books and while I have an MP3 player for music I find I don't use it all that often. However, I did find Overdrive really fabulous for those who do enjoy audio books and "classical-ish" music. I found the catalogue very easy to browse and enjoyed the ratings/descriptions provided for each title. I found it interesting that we offer such a small selection of music, however, and I was curious if someday DVDs might be able to be downloaded as well, I'm sure patrons would LOVE that! I am very pleased that now when a patron asks about this service I will be better prepared to advise them.

No comments: