Sunday, December 21, 2008

Google Docs

This really wasn't one of my favorite exercises mostly b/c I am not currently in need of a tool like this to generate spreadsheets , presentations, ect., however, if I were there are several valuable aspects to this resource. I utilized the program to recreate my Missing Pieces letter it took me a little while to track down where things were and how it worked but all in all it was pretty straight forward. What I found especially interesting was the aspect of sharing with others and the ability to collaborate. I know I would have enjoyed having this in college when I was working on group presentations, how easy it would be to all be able to sit at home and combine virtual forces! So while I don't personally plan to use this resource much at this point I imagine it offers a great deal to others.

1 comment:

Terzah said...

Eladia has also used Google Docs for patrons (such as the homeless) who might have trouble hanging onto floppy discs or USB drives, for saving resumes etc. Just a thought for a library-related function! Good work.